Sponsor a paving stone in the walkway of legends at silverstone
Motor racing fans across the world are invited to be a part of sports history by purchasing a paving stone in The Walkway of Legends.
Set at the main entrance to the Silverstone Interactive Museum, an engraved paving stone in the Walkway of Legends makes the perfect gift for motor racing enthusiasts.
Engraved stones will be placed alongside the names of every British Grand Prix Formula One winner and Moto GP winner at Silverstone since the first race took place here in 1948 – as well as some of the ‘legends’ of motor racing which feature in our exhibitions.
Each paving stone is silver grey in colour and made from granite measuring 30cm x 20cm. It will be engraved with a silver infill.
You can sponsor a paving stone in your own name, include your partner or family, or commemorate a loved one. You might even want to engrave a stone in the name of your own motor racing legend! Whatever name you choose, it will become a permanent part of Silverstone – seen by hundreds of thousands of people every year who visit this iconic, world famous, motor racing circuit.
All proceeds from sales will help fund our charitable work to protect the heritage of Silverstone and British motor racing and to inspire the next generation of engineers. As a thank you for your support, we will send you a personalised gift certificate.
How it works
The paving stones should contain names only and a maximum of 16 characters per line including punctuation and spaces. All names will be in upper and lower case and automatically centred. We can accommodate names and honorary titles (such as OBE) but no symbols or emojis. All inscriptions will be approved by the museum. If you would like advice please contact us.
Once we have received and accepted your order form we will send you confirmation of the inscription. Please check this very carefully and inform us of any changes to the inscription within 14 days.
Join the Walkway of Legends Now
Simply download the pdf leaflet, complete and return to us at: Fundraising Team, Silverstone Interactive Museum, Silverstone Circuit, Towcester, NN12 8TN
Please read the terms and conditions carefully, they are listed below for your convenience:
Terms and conditions:
1. All paving stones remain the property of the museum.
2. Inscriptions should be names of individuals only. The museum reserves the right to approve all lettering and refuse any application considered unsuitable. In such cases the museum has no obligation to cite reason and a full refund will be offered.
3. Engraving of the paving stones will be done by a specialist engraver to maintain the look and feel of our site.
4. The museum will endeavour to engrave a section of paving stones once a year prior to the busy Summer season of racing events. The museum will have complete control over the location and installation date of the paving stones.
5. The museum will maintain the walkway for a minimum of ten years as a lasting tribute However, the museum reserves the right to move or relocate the paving stones. All reasonable efforts will be made to keep the stones in the chosen location.
6. No liability can be accepted by the museum for any damage caused to the paving stones due to natural causes or visitor footfall.
7. Any amendments to the inscriptions provided on the order form must be made within 14 days of receipt of the gift certificate, thereafter the museum accepts no responsibility for changed or incorrect names.
The charity would like to extend our sincere thanks to Marshalls PLC for donating the paving stones for this campaign.
Register for updates
Get our latest offers, news and events straight to your inbox.